We believe business and community are interdependent and synergistic. When businesses are engaged and doing well, the community benefits from the addition of jobs, more cash flow to vendors, more taxes for schools and for city and county projects, and more contributions to charitable organizations and community programs. When the community is engaged and doing well, businesses benefit by having educated and skilled workers, encouragement for entrepreneurial projects and start-ups,energized and forward looking politicians, and a functional infrastructure supportive of business growth.
We understand the importance of access to a variety of educational opportunities, the necessity of feeling safe and involved in the community and the value of opportunity for advancement and growth personally and professionally. We actualize our understanding through business networking (Please go to our business links.) and our involvement in community organizations.
Community Commitment & Business Engagement:
PBP Insurance provides each employee with 40 paid hours for volunteer work.
Marvin Revoal is a member of the American Leadership Forum of Oregon (ALF. For the membership roster click here.
Govenor Kitzhaber invites Marvin Revoal to thank him for his community service and to celebrate African American month.
Governor Kizthaber appointed Marvin Revoal to the Oregon Liquor Control Commission Board of Directors. The Senate confirmed the appointment and Marvin begins his board activities December 4, 2013.
Marvin Revoal speaks on ACA: The Good, Bad and Ugly Southtowne Rotary
Marvin Revoal and Anna Johnson to present Employee Benefits under the Affordable Care Act and Property & Casualty for Legal Services/Law Offices at the Solo and Small Firm Practitioners Continuing Legal Education conference on November 15, 2013. Click for ACA presentation and for Property & Casualty presentation.
Darby Giannone to attend Daily Journal of Commerce Women's Business Expo and Conference - Leadership Matters - on September 19.
PBP Insurance sponsors DMWESB TopProjects DJC 2013 - Oct 17, 2013. http://djcoregon.com/dmwesbtopprojects/
Learn about ShelterCare programs and intentions from this video. Click here.
Join Thrill the World participants in supporting ShelterCare's October Campaign - I ShelterCare about Homelessness. Donate
* Darby Giannone is the fundraising liason between Thrill The World 2013 and I ShelterCare about Homelessness.Zombies contributed to last year's Fall Campaign. Check out the Update On Families Served.
* Marvin Revoal speaks at Cover Oregon Community Meeting. Photos from the event are now up on Cover Oregon's Facebook page! View the photos here,
* Marvin Revoal serves as a Minority Evaluator on contract evaluation panels for the City of Portland, Portland Development Commission and Alliance of Minority Chambers.
* Marvin Revoal provides leadership for American Cancer Society's Cancer Prevention Study-3 - research to better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer. Learn how you can volunteer. To answer your questions - FAQ
* Marvin Revoal serves as a board member for Willamette Valley Development Officers.
* Marvin Revoal - Portland Business Journal "Why Health Reform Helps Small Business"* Marvin Revoal presents Health Care Reform on May 22, 2013 for Willamette Business Builders. Invitation Handout Materials RSVP 541.341.3478
* PBP Insurance sponsored Oregon Social Learning Center's conference The Brain meets the Blackboard April 26, 2013.
Read article about Homelessness by Susan Ban, ShelterCare executive director, and Pat Walsh, board president.
Cancer Prevention Study-3 - research to better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer. Learn how you can volunteer. To answer your questions - FAQ Marvin Revoal provides volunteer recruitment leadership for American Cancer Society's video.What does it mean to be a volunteer? Watch this
KEZI story.Learn where you can go to volunteer in this